King’s or Queen’s Day, a national holiday in the Netherlands a, celebrates the birthday of the King or Queen of the Netherlands. King’s or Queen’s Day is known for it’s flea markets all over the country, where everybody is allowed to sell things in the streets. In Rotterdam artist and bands will perform live on stages throughout the city and there are shows and activities for all ages. Weather you are going to relax on a terrace at Rotown, dance on Stadhuislein or celebrate in one of the neighborhoods, the color orange will be everywhere.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 small pineapple peeled and sliced in rounds
- 4-4 ounce fish steaks, each about 3/4″ (swordfish or shark)
- 8-1/4″ slices peeled sweet potato or yams
- 4-1/2″ slices purple onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco, or to taste
Arrange pineapple slices on bottom of large shallow baking dish. Layer fish steaks, potatoes and onion on top. In small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, lime juice, vegetable oil, sugar, grated rind and Tabasco. Pour over layered pineapple, fish and vegetables, Cover and chill for at least 3 hour. Heat grill or BBQ and brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place fish and onion slices on rack and reserve marinade. Cook, covered, 4 minutes each side or until fish is done basting occasionally with reserved marinade, when done remove to platter and keep warm. Place pineapple and sweet potato slices on grill. Cook, covered, 2 minutes each side, basting occasionally with marinade. Serve.
Jenever or Rosè Le Petit chat from Provence Proost!!